Using Qt4 and the Boehm Garbage Collector on Linux

I had an major issue where the Boehm garbage collector was crashing and spitting errors because of my use of Qt4's QThread class. The problem was simple enough, Qt4 calls pthread_create when it should be calling GC_pthread_create. I could have solved this problem by modifying qthread_private.cpp to do this, but that would mean distributing a modified Qt4, which is just silly for such a small change. So after much annoyance, I managed to come up with a solution that, although not pretty, seems to work. As such, there will be a Linux version of the GUI available to download when I make binary packages sometime in the next week.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Disabling OS-X Device Removal Warnings In Yosemite

Rebirth Of The Spaceship

Mars Direct Without Super Heavy Lift