Support for Linux Kernel Modules

Boomerang can now load Linux kernel modules and find the init_module and cleanup_module entrypoints. Loading ELF sections is a tricky business. I now honour the alignment information, which means kernel modules will load into Boomerang with the same section placement as they are loaded into IDA Pro. There was also some problems with the way we handle R_386_PC32 relocations. Checking the type of the symbol indicated by the relocation solves the problem. I also managed to speed it up significantly by removing an unnecessary check. Hopefully it really is unnecessary.

My globals-at-decode-time code is now checked in. I await howls of disapproval on the mailing list, but hey, I do so every time I check in.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Disabling OS-X Device Removal Warnings In Yosemite

Rebirth Of The Spaceship

Mars Direct Without Super Heavy Lift